Jonathan provides national thought leadership and expertise in campus safety policy. He has led innovative national initiatives to increase campus community safety and victim advocacy over a career spanning over 25 years. He has a Masters in Public Administration from Villanova University and a BA, History from The Pennsylvania State University.
• Co-founder and managing director of Grand River Solutions, a company to increase equity in education while leveraging innovative technology to transform accountability and efficiencies in the Clery Act compliance and institution-wide risk management.
• Served as a national director of Higher Education at Allied Universal, leading strategy, program assessment and design, training development and delivery, business development and client relations efforts in the education market for the nation’s largest security company.
• Vice president of operations at Margolis Healy, a national consulting firm specializing in campus safety, security, and compliance for higher education and K-12.
• Executive director of Clery Center, a national nonprofit organization
responsible for higher education campus safety advocacy, education and public policy.
Senior executive of a multi-state nonprofit organization serving at-risk youth across the fields of education, social services, juvenile justice, workforce development and residential services.
• Elected school board director for one of the largest districts in Pennsylvania with; providing leadership and oversight as chair of the Facilities & Operations and Safe Schools committees. (2017 - present)
• Board Member, Network of Victim Assistance Bucks County. (2016 - present)
• Board Member, Protect Students Abroad. (2018 - present)
• Villanova University MPA Program Ambassador. (2019 - present)
• Entered as a “valuable leader in campus safety” in the 2008 Congressional Record.
• Guided the Campus SaVE Act that was adopted into the Violence Against Women Act.
• Served on the CALEA (Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies’) committee on standards for campus law enforcement and public safety agencies.
• Participated in Clery Act negotiated rulemaking (emergency notification, campus fire safety and hate/bias crime reporting).
• Helped develop and directed the grant for the Congressionally funded USDOJ-BJA National Center for Campus Public Safety and numerous other federal grants totaling multi-millions of dollars (OVC, OVW, ED).
• Subject matter expert for International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) on the Collaborative Reform Initiative Technical Assistance Center.
• Extensive media appearances (e.g. Good Morning America, Fox News Channel, CBS, Comcast, NPR, etc.), press interviews (e.g. US News, USA Today, New York Times, Philadelphia Inquirer, Chronicle of Higher Education), and authored op-eds/essays contributing expert opinion and statements on various controversial and significant public policy issues (Huffington Post, Inside Higher Education, etc.).